Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vicarious Travel to Darjeeling

This New York Times article is a few years old now, and probably a bit out of date, but still an interesting read.  I really like the idea of a rough vacation to various estates throughout the Darjeeling area.  Darjeeling is certainly not my favorite type of tea, but the region sounds absolutely beautiful, and the descriptions of the estate managers made me smile.  I must say I'm disappointed by the idea of making the rickety bungalows at the various tea gardens more resort-like, but I guess not everyone likes to travel as rough as I do.

Link found via Tea Guy Speaks, a tea blog that seems to be largely about the contemporary side of tea.  Less reviews, more about how tea shows up in various places in modern life...also an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment